10th Annual Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run
100% of the proceeds from the 10th Annual Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run benefit Beverly Knight Olson Children's Hospital, Navicent Health, our local Children's Hospital and part of the Children's Miracle Network (CMN).
The obesity statistics in Georgia are staggering! Almost 65.8% of adults are considered overweight with 31.4% registering as obese, according to the Trust for America's Health and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2016 findings. In short, this is why we started the Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run. Never done a 5K before? No problem! This event was created with you in mind! Walk or Run, but LET'S GET MOVING, Middle Georgia!
The first 200 children (13 and under) can sign up for FREE with a paid adult registrant. We believe a healthy community starts with a healthy family. We first introduced this concept in honor of Tassie’s daughter, Betty Cantrell Miss America 2016, and her platform “Healthy Georgia. Strong America.” Today, we continue it in hopes of seeing more and more families use the Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run and use it a launching pad to a healthier lifestyle.
Focused on families, businesses, and individuals, this unique health initiative is a WIN-WIN for the entire community. By participating in the 10th Annual Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run presented by Boland Prosthetic & Orthotic Center, you are quite literally taking the first steps toward fighting a national epidemic, obesity. With your continued support, we will continue to fight toward reversing the growing statistics of obesity in Georgia… and across the country.
In 2016, the Cantrell Center 5K & Fun Run raised over $4,000 for Beverly Knight Olson Children's Hospital, Navicent Health, part of Children's Miracle Network- we more than doubled that number in 2017 with $8,600 in proceeds. Will you help us raise even more funds this year for the children?
About Beverly Knight Olson Children's Hospital, Navicent Health:
- Since 1987- Beverly Knight Olson Children's Hospital, Navicent Health has been the only designated Children's Hospital between Atlanta, Georgia and Gainesville, Florida
- Children's Miracle Network affiliated hospital since 1993, with more than 25 partners who fundraise for Beverly Knight Olson Children's Hospital Navicent Health through CMN
- 3,000+ children have been admitted in to their inpatient units -45,000+ pediatric patients served in 2014 from Central and South GA
- 2,800+ surgeries have been performed by pediatric surgeons
- No Child is Turned Away-- 100% of funds raised through CMN stay local, and no child is ever turned away, regardless of ability to pay
Cost: Register online for a reduced rate! Students and members of the Cantrell Wellness Center receive an added discount for online registration.
Note: a price increase occurs Feb. 5th and again on Race Day (02/24/18).
Phone: (478) 333-6777
Event url: www.cantrellcenter.com/5k/
405 Osigian Boulevard
Warner Robins, GA 31088